Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Xena

Xena, consider this a birthday present for you. So what have I been doing? Umm, not much, hence the lack of blog posts. It is day 45, the half way point of P90X for me, woot woot. Is it working? Yes. Do I look like the infomercial? No. I don't follow the recommended diet plan, so I can't complain. My thighs feel a bit firmer and my stomach does as well. I should have taken measurements and pictures before I started. There is increased definition in my arms, back, and shoulders. And there must be some general change in my torso shape, because when shopping for new clothes I can fit into small shirts about as often as mediums now. However, this is kind of a mystery because my bra size remains frustratingly static. How is that possible? Shouldn't I at least be seeing a decrease in the band size, if not the cup size? I guess I shouldn't complain too much, if the band size did decrease without a corresponding decrease in cup size, I'd be off into unknown letters of the alphabet. Seriously, my whole goal was to get The Rack down to something approaching normal and it just won't shrink. Gee I wonder if it is all the god damn peanut butter and chocolate chips I eat or that P90X is primarily a strength training program and not a weight loss program? Nah, it is because the universe hates me.

So this is the dilemma. I really like P90X because I get off on lifting heavy stuff and I hate cardio. But, if I really want to lift the ultimate heavy thing, me, then I need to lean out. That's right, I'm back to wanting to do a pull up. Problem is, according to the internets I need to drop another 25lbs for this to be realistic. It is kind of sad that I look like an elf, and it is still not enough. Is it realistic for me to get lean? Debatable. It isn't going to happen doing P90X, that is for sure. The 15lbs stuck on my chest is impervious to P90X. The internets says I should start doing the Shaun T Insanity workouts in place of the P90X cardio days to burn more calories. If you told me a couple of years ago I would be ordering exercise programs off of the TV I would have laughed in your face and said screw that I'll be getting the Ron Popiel Food Dehydrator. My sisters and I have wanted that since the early 90s:) Did you know that his daughter Lauren, the one who makes the strawberry fruit roll up with her friend in the infomercial, (she is about 12 at the time) ended up dating Justin Timberlake for a minute a few years ago. How funny is that? So yeah, to lean or not to lean, that is the question. I'm going keep on, keeping on, and at the end of 90 days we'll see where I'm at strength wise. If I don't think the strength is there, I'm not going to bother trying to get lean. If I can do the negative move (lower myself down from the bar in a controlled manner) then I'll probably dive into Insanity, how very appropriate:) So there you have it, Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

LMC said...

Awww :). Just read this on the bus to work. What perfect birthday presents. You know me too well. Sorry The Rack won't move, but it sounds like it's going well otherwise. Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

P90X looks pretty hard core on the commercials. If you are really keeping up with that work out plan, you should be very proud of yourself.