Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Graduation Present

 

So for the past 8 weeks I've been taking Intro to Therapeutic Massage at the local community college. I toyed with the idea of becoming a licensed massage therapist, so I could work nights and weekends for fun money. Turns out enrolling in the program commits you to 6 hours every Saturday for a year. Not really what I had in mind. I wish I could keep going for 3 hours a night on Wednesday for 2 years, but, alas, that track does not exist. But I definitely want to be able to give friends and family one step up from a regular back rub and showcase my new edumacation, hence my "graduation" present to myself, a real table. I love, love, love it. It is portable, well as portable as a giant table can be for a 5'1" person. Mandi got to be the first Guinea pig and she really enjoyed it. She has never had a real massage, so she has nothing to compare it to, but it was relaxing and felt good so I'll call that a success. I find the process of massaging relaxing so it was a win win. I'm taking appointments now ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I would do it again, friends. It was really nice, and a real bargain as well!