Wednesday, October 29, 2008

GF Pumpkin Muffins

This recipe is based on this recipe by Ellie Krieger on the Food Network. I used one less tablespoon of molasses and skipped the pumpkin seeds. For the two cups of flour in the recipe I used equal parts, brown rice, sorghum, tapioca, and teff flours along with 1.5t of xanthan. I think that blend is originally attributed to the Gluten-Free Girl. I love it! I am so excited to try it in other recipes. The muffins seemed totally "normal." They are best the day of, they do keep in the fridge but become slightly damp. Zapping them in the microwave gets rid of that. I bet they would freeze well. It made 60 teaspoon sized mini muffins or 20 Tablespoon sized regular muffins.

2 comments:

Ms. PH said...

Hey - welcome to the Peoria blog world. I am so impressed I am on your list of "Heavy Hitters." I hope that is not in reference to my ability to beat the crap out of someone. Because I was sort of kidding about that. :)

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

Thanks for the welcome. I hadn't considered the Heavy Hitters list literally, but it does seem like it would fit. Peoria bloggers are a feisty bunch.