Monday, October 20, 2008

Pre Birthday Fun Begins

My mom sent some loverly flowers, as she does every year. All members of the family were on the card, including my brother in law and my youngest sister's new puppy. This follows last year's ugly scene where the sisters were unceremoniously booted off the family card without their knowledge. Apparently their cheap asses petitioned to get back on. You can't really see it, but there is a gold bow around the vase. One more week until my Golden Birthday. Oh 27 on the 27th, I never really thought you would be here.

I need to send some love to Beck's Florist. They do an excellent job. My mom is in the flower biz and has very high standards and we have both been very happy with their arrangements for the money. I love the ritual of calling Mom as soon as the flowers arrive and describing what they sent and if I think she got her money's worth. The one year in Champaign when I had to tell her $30 bucks got her 6 lame carnations in an ugly green vase about killed us both. Too bad I don't remember the name of that florist I could do my first internet slam. They would deserve it. Seriously 6 carnations.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: