Monday, January 26, 2009

An Actual Food Post

People I can't stress to you enough how awesome Gluten Free Mommy's sesame chicken is. Spring for the San J Gluten Free tamari. You won't regret it. One thing I do kind of regret about the meal, was frying onion rings in the middle of winter. My house still reeks like deep fry, gack, but the onion rings were delicious. I used equal parts sorghum, tapioca, and white rice to toss with buttermilk soaked onions. Bear and BILB both agreed, we will definatley be making the chicken for the party. I don't know if I will be making fortune cookies though. I need more practice at that. My cookies were so gross looking and never crisped up.

So I had leftover buttermilk to make into biscuits. This time for my one cup of flour I used the following formula with a part = to 1/8 cup aka 2TBS

3 pts tapioca
2 pts white rice
1.5 pts sorghum
1.5 pts whey protein isolate
.5 tsp of xanthan

I used this recipe from Epicurious. The texture was really good, the flavor eh. I won't be making it again, but the flour mix is a keeper. I like the nutritional value of teff, but it makes things so dark. I don't mind, but sometimes when you are baking things that gluten eaters are going to eat they get freaked out if it looks weird. Then they have a bad attitude about everything gluten free. So it is good to have options.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Best sesame chicken ever. Better than most restaurants. All I have to say is YUMMMMM-OH! :0)