Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh to be spontaneous...

So my favortist singer/song writer is in my favortist town this evening.....and I am not there. I have mentioned in the past that I don't really care about music. I have never gone to see anyone play, just doesn't interest me. Then Aimers introduced me to Chris Pureka's music and I have been hooked on it ever since. I have been religiously checking her website for upcoming shows, waiting for her to make her way back to Madison. Mid December I got what I had been hoping for, a show in Madison...then I see it is a Thursday night.....in January. Worky jerky does not allow vacation in January. I was crushed. I seriously considered calling in sick and I have never called in sick in my entire life. And I don't mean just fake sick, I mean ever. People, I had perfect attendance in college, this is how foreign these thoughts were. The only thing that kept me from doing it is the recurring and intense vision of crashing my car on the way to Madison. Nothing like a little mental illness to keep me in line :) So I am at home in ye old Peoria watching America's Best Dance Crew and pouting.

FYI it just took me 20 minutes to figure out which YouTube video post. I can't even pick a favorite song! Quite a few of my favorites are really depressing break up songs, that aren't really applicable to my life at all. But that is why she is so awesome, I still feel something. Also I love her voice, it is like a lower version of Allison Krauss' haunty voice, like husky haunty, me gusta mucho.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i win! or, at least, i think i should get a win somewhere for getting you closer to skipping class/work than anything ever before. go me!

Mandi said...

Too bad you aren't more spontaneous. Then you could have gone to the concert. You know who else loves concerts? Coco.

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

Okay I will not be shamed into spontaneity from someone who has just as rigid thoughts and behaviors as I do. You know what else Coco loves? Heidi and Skittles.