Saturday, March 28, 2009

It is Party Time!

My parents made many sacrifices so my sisters and I could go to college where ever we wanted and graduate with only medium debt as opposed to soul crushing debt. My baby sis graduates this spring so my parents are officially rollin' in the dough. Well not so much, but at least their children are done mooching off of them, and they can start losing their money in a 401k like everyone else. My dad did joke that they didn't lose their retirement savings because it is stored safely in our heads. Good luck making a withdraw on that when it is time to pay the State Home. I kid, I kid they are totally going to live in Bear's pool house; she is very patient. So as a gesture of our appreciation we are throwing them a party Sunday. What do you have at a thank you for putting your life on hold party, why the guests of honor favorite foods of course. So at this party we will be having:

Almond Shrimp via Kalofagos
(subbed sorghum for wheat and added a bit more milk)
Southwestern Egg rolls (with wrapper courtesy of Gluten Free Gobsmacked)
Little Smokies with Bacon and Brown Sugar (Bear's contribution)
Hot Spinach Dip (Bear's contribution)
Cheese Ball (neufchatel cheese, Old English, Worcestershire, garlic and onion powders, so unrefined yet so delicious)
Onion Rings (soak rings in buttermilk and then toss in equal parts sorghum, tapioca, and white rice)
Chips and Santa Barbara Salsa (gotta support companies with clear gluten free labeling, Kroger's carries many of the varieties and all that I have tried have been tasty for jarred salsa)

Gluten Free Mommy's Sesame Chicken with Jasmine Rice and Broccoli
Snow Peas with Toasted Almonds

Red Velvet Cupcakes from Gluten Free Cooking School
(made 1/2 batch into 12 cupcakes)
Gluten Free Mommy's Angel Food Cake (subbed in 1/2 cup of Splenda)

Bear also made a pinata shaped like a piggy bank. Tottie is bringing Little Puppy Maia. If the weather prevents me from driving up to the Quad Cities anyone local is invited over for a Sesame Chicken lunch. I cook allergy and special needs friendly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can make it to the bash!