Thursday, April 16, 2009

Me Casa Es Su Casa?


So now that Bear and Yosh are parked in West Peoria for 3 years, I have re focused my efforts on finding a home in Peoria. I am trying to lower my expectations. I know I am very particular, and really that doesn't do me many favors in life. One of the great things Peoria has going for it is its older housing stock, particularly if you love bungalows as I do. Seriously, I love bungalows like some people love orphaned children. I want to scoop them all up and give them all good homes, free of vinyl and inappropriate windows. My favorites are the dark brick Craftsmans, but there are some California and Tudor cuties too. Really what calls my name is when the garage matches the house. Love that. Guess what just just came on the market in West Peoria, this loverly Spanish Colonial Revival (I think) bungalow, very unusual. I was going to say rare, but what is really rare is that Streamline Moderne that you can see off of Sheridan. Anyway this house is kind of a gem and are you ready for it....the garage matches. Unfortunately it looks like the garage is too small to park in. But I am still very curious. It is in the 2000 block of Barker. Anybody familiar with West Peoria want to tell me what is wrong with the location. They are only asking 70,000 and that seems too good to be true.

No comments: