Sunday, October 26, 2008

GF Peanut Butter Tart


Birthday Brunch preparations are underway. On tap for dessert tomorrow, Peanut Butter Tart from the October 2001 issue of Martha Stewart Living. I have had this recipe for 7 years and I am just now getting around to making it. That makes me a little sad. I have dozens of recipes that I will probably never make, schniff. These days Casa de Vanilla Bean Counter does not support the use of a graham cracker crust, as it is from the devil, or rather the family Triticeae. Crust substitute comes from Simply Gluten Free and her Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie. I made my tart in a 9in spring form pan. All was well except my ganache never really set up, but I just popped it in the freezer before spreading on the peanut butter mousse. All beaters that I licked were delicious. I think everyone will enjoy it tomorrow. It is very rich so there should be plenty of leftovers to send home to Brother in Law Bear, who loves chocolate and peanut butter almost as much as I do.

No comments: