Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Morning TV Musing

So on Sunday mornings you can catch Gladiators 2000 on the CW. This makes me very happy; I love all things American Gladiators. Gladiators 2000 is a 90's children's version. The most awesome thing about it is the host, none other than Ryan Seacrest. It is hysterical to see him pre-American Idol. One thing that jumps out at me is how white the white people are, including Mr. Seacrest. Mystic Tan wasn't around in the 90's. While his skin is white, his teeth are just medium white as opposed to blinding white veneers. It is so jarring to see him as he was when your picuture of his current "normal," is all sorts of abnormal. It is kind of like whenever I catch the movie Selena on TV and think, "Damn, J-Lo is fat." She isn't fat at all, but when you see Jennifer Lopez pre J-Lo and she is a size 10, it is startling. It is all very odd. There is no real point to this, but now I need to get on IMDB to see what Jon Seda is up to these days. I loved him.

No comments: